USPS Certified Mail The United States Postal Service offers a Certified Mail Receipt when you need a confirmation that your article arrived at its destination. Certified Mail provides proof of mailing and delivery of USPS media mail. The customer receives a mailing receipt at the time of mailing and a record of delivery is maintained by the US Postal Tracking Service. A return receipt can also be purchased for an additional fee to provide the customer with proof of delivery. Certified Mail service is only available for First-Class Mail or USPS Priority Mail. This service is available at the time of mailing and provides the customer with a mailing receipt.
- Insured Mail: Insured mail allows protection for valuables of the mail. You can purchase insurance for your mail piece up to $5,000 in coverage. This service is available for Standard Mail, First-Class Mail or Priority Mail. In addition, international mail can be insured. For mail pieces insured for more than $50, a receipt of delivery is signed by the recipient and filed at the delivery US post office tracking.
- Return Receipt: This is the sender’s proof of delivery. A return receipt can be purchased for mail sent COD, Express, and Insured for more than $50, registered or certified. The return receipt shows who signed for the item and the date it was delivered.
- Registered Mail: Registered mail provides the most secure service offered by USPS. This provides the sender with a mailing receipt and, upon request over the Internet, the date and time of delivery or attempted delivery.
- Signature Confirmation: This service provides the date and time of delivery or attempted delivery. A delivery record, including the recipient’s signature, is maintained by the USPS and is available via fax or mail.
- Restricted Delivery: Restricted Delivery directs the delivery only to the addressee or the addressee’s authorized agent. This is available for First-Class Mail, Priority Mail, and Package Services that are sent Certified mail, COD, mail insured for more than $50 or Registered mail. This service may be combined with Delivery Confirmation, Return Receipt, Signature Confirmation or special handling.
- Money Order: Provides the safe transmission of money. Available in amounts up to $1,000.
USPS Certified Mail Tracking
USPS Certified Mail Tracking helps you in knowing the real time USPS shipping status of your mail. And gives you the complete details of the mail that are tracked and informs us the delivery details of your mail. Track a package through by using any of the express post package tracking tools of our choice. Priority mail tracking format is similar to that of USPS Certified Mail Tracking.
USPS Certified US Mail Tracking is best in online services, which is very simple. Track certified mail from the U.S. Postal Service by using USPS tracking tools on the USPS website. The user has to just enter the USPS tracking number on the official Certified Mail Tracking website USPS com tracking.
- Step 1. Go to usps.com. website.
- Step 2. Now click on the ‘Track & Confirm’ tab. This will take you to a page where you can enter a tracking number, or just enter the USPS number in that is provided to you at the time of ordering the mail for shipping.
- Step 3. Click on “Go” button, then you will be directed to a screen that can give you the status of the tracking number you have entered.
- Step 4. Confirm the information that is displayed on the screen by reviewing the digital record copy of the scanned and signed Certified Mail receipt after the delivery of the mail.
Visiting Postal Office
If you cannot use any services provided by the USPS then, you can directly visit the postal office that is near to you and knows your details of the mail. In the office, you need to give your tracking number for the teller to track and confirm the delivery. The teller can either print the information or disseminate it verbally at your interest in receiving the information.
Calling Customer Service
Dial 1-800-275-8777 from your cell or any landline phone and say “Track and Confirm” in a clear distinct voice, as the automated service is voice-command prompted. By receiving your information the automated voice will ask you for a tracking USPS number. Now, tell your tracking number for the mailed package.
You can find your tracking number on the receipt which is located vertically on the Certified Mail receipt or on the sales receipt you received from the mailing of the package, once prompted to do so by the automated teller. And finally, you can get the information of your tracked package.
You need the tracking number for the package in order to use this service. By, sending a text message to 28777 with your tracking number to receive updates as your mail travels.
USPS Certified Mail Tracking Format
USPS Certified Mail Tracking Format usually consists of 22 numbers. The tracking number format consists of five groups of four numbers, with each group separated by a space, or five groups of four numbers plus one group of two numbers, for a total of 20 or 22 numbers. This number is also found on the certified mail slip torn from the original certified mail tag during the purchase.
USPS does not guarantee or specify an exact delivery time. However, USPS Certified Mail is First-Class Mail and considered Special Service mail that receives higher delivery service priority. Priority Mail that is 2-3 day delivery during USPS hours. It is considered First-Class mail and requires first class postage in addition to the certified mail fees.
USPS calculator or USPS postage calculator is used to estimating or calculating the cost of shipment of the postage. The Certified Mail reaches its destination in one to five days. Suppose the delivery is in the local city then it will be delivered faster than compared to international services.
USPS Certified Mail Customer Care Number
USPS Certified Mail Customer Care Number :- 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)